Govt. College of Education, Patiala, Punjab
Foundation stone of the college was laid by 1st C.M. of PEPSU(Punjab) on 16th July 1955. Opening ceremony was performed by Pt. G.B Pant, Home Minister of India on 28th Sept, 1956.
Over the years G.C.E. Patiala, has become the first choice with all those seeking admission to Bachelor of Education and Master of Education Courses, in the region. This is due to our qualified, dedicated and innovative faculty as well as talented students. We have students not only from Punjab State but also from other states of India. Our qualified faculty, innovative teaching techniques, state-of-the-art laboratories, up-to-date library and computer lab with latest equipment, all contribute to the distinguished position our College enjoy today.
The College is situated in the heart of the city. The railway station and bus stand are very approachable. The college campus has a well-constructed building with good infrastructural facilities conducive to conduct teacher education programme.
To produce 'The Recognized Leaders' for excellence in student Education.
To produce high quality teachers who have the necessary knowledge, skills, know how and interest for effective teaching as well as regard for human and national values.